Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Resolved Paperweight Queries

paperweight with eagle mark. ID = John Gentile, USA


I have this paperweight that has this spread wing eagle with a shield in the center of the eagle and a letter "G" is in the shield. The eagle has a sprig or a arrow in the claws. My question is does anyone know who the maker of this paperweight is and maybe a place that I can go to see more information on this maker.

I thought it might be English but I have looked and now think not. Any idea's. Thanks for the help and keep up the great web site. I love looking at it and reading all of the information.


Could you post a picture?

It sounds American and the image might be The Great Seal of the United States of America  or a variation of it.

I don't know where you are located but if you found it in a country other than the U.S., then it is possibly a diplomatic gift.  It is very common for countries to give gifts with marks representing their country.

It is by John Gentile of West Virginia, made in 1978 - Eagle and letter `G`

Thanks, it is the John Gentile '78 stamp. I would post a photo but I am so bad at doing things like that :( .

What a great site. I just cant thank everone enough!



[0] Message Index

Go to full version