No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: fulvio bianconi cockerels  (Read 4932 times)

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Re: fulvio bianconi cockerels
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »
the best i can do, the bit's that are left is some of the gold foil, hard to photo due to the gold leaf in the glass, the outline measures about 15mm across

Ah, sorry, I thought the label was there but really worn down.
I misunderstood what you said.

Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline Springhead

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Why are they poor quality... you almost hit on it yourself. See how the tails are flattened. They were assembled on a table... probably hundreds at a time and put together later. Look at the eyes and mouth. That is not the work of an experienced glass worker.

The chicken I posted is very simple also, to be mass produced. But... It was probably made by the same guy or two who made the same things over and over all day long. Hot worked all at once.

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
whats wrong with the eyes? there the same eye's that Venini put on there lattimo chickens,
cheers Ray

Offline Springhead

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »
Look at the chickens half way down this page Ray....

http://www.great-glass.co.uk/library/lib4b.htm

I know the thumbs are small...

Yours are copies of them

very crude copies... I know you'll say they're the same.

The devil is in the details

heh...

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »
now why would i say there the same, which they are not, anyway i found them and Javier was right by saying Avem
cheers Ray

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
If Ray's cockerels are 'crude copies', then they're copies of a standard that I have not seen before.   

Springhead, I'm sure it's just a 'typing thing' and you probably don't mean offense.  Saying you think these items are crude copies/poor quality once was probably sufficient.

I am not a man

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 04:28:59 PM »
It's true that these kinds of things were done by more than one company, and are still made today. However, the base and detail leads me in the AVEM direction as well. I certainly don't think there anywhere near the quality of the Chinese one springhead posted. These certainly look Italian to me, and of at least decent quality. I'd be happy to have them on my website, and I like to think that I'm at least reasonably picky.

Springhead: I enjoy your posts and your honesty, even if I don't always agree with your opinions.  Thanks for posting all the photos.  :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand