No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sklo Union? (a bad case of non-buyers remorse?)  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
Sklo Union? (a bad case of non-buyers remorse?)
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:17 AM »
Hi All
It's the Australia Day long weekend here (BTW great weather) and I just logged on to check an ebay auction only to find it finished last night which was Sunday.

Sigh.

I am seeking both an identification and an emotion. Maker? and How should I feel?

Gutted: made by a glass master who died tragically young
Resigned: there'll be another along soon, but not at that price (A$10.50 + $16 postage)
Smug: one of millions of 'retro' items churned out in Chindia.

Base -- www.flickr.com/photos/59481749@N00/2225625902/
Front -- www.flickr.com/photos/59481749@N00/2224835219/in/photostream/

ta muchly
Deb

Sklounion

Re: Sklo Union? (a bad case of non-buyers remorse?)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:24:50 AM »
Resigned is all you should feel, designed by a glass designer who died young, and not one of a million retro items made in Italy or China.
Yes, it was Sklo Union.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »
Thanks Marcus.
Sklo Union doesn't turn up as much out here as it does in the UK, so I expect it was a one off.
 :cry: :(

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »
Australia was a major market, and a large amount of Sklo Union does turn up there. Glassexport had a dealership network set up before the mid-1950s, selling pressed glass as well as lead crystal from Podebrady and other Czechoslovakian factories. I certainly am aware of a couple of eBay sellers who handle a large number of pieces each year.
Regards,
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand