Author Topic: australian glass vase ? signed ?? unusual ??? - ID = Chris Pantano Dreamtime  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Good evening to all, I bought this vase about 7 years ago from a secondhand shop & have been unable to id
the piece is signed on three corners on the base, but i can only make out what one is, (Australia) the other two
i have no idea except at the end of another is the number 40.  approximatly 4 inches high.
I would welcome any info thanks in advance.

Robert.

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: australian glass vase ? signed ?? unusual ???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
Ooh I am so jealous!  That is Chris Pantano Dreamtime vase - and a nice one at that.  Most of them are dark background. so this is a surprise to me.  The stick figures represent certain types of aboriginal art.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »
hi, Many many thanks, I almost give up on this 1, i have added more pics for you, would the number be for the date?
if not could you tell me how old this is and where it is from in Australia ?

i paid the princly sum of 75 pence about $1.50. i always thought it was a good buy!
Thanking you Ross.

Robert.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »
It looks like Graal work - should be worth a pretty penny indeed, Graal is difficult and requires a high level of skill - quite apart from being a fabby thing to own.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ahremck

• Members
Chris Pantano worked in Montville Queensland for many years.  I consider him to be one of the best artists because he created series of magnificent themed glass.  Dreamtime(yours), Rainforest, Reef, Desert, etc.  These designs have been copied by a great many other artists and still are.  His studio is now closed and I am not clear whether he is still working in glass.

Tour first photo has his signature and the third says Australia the second I could not make out.

Ross

Offline ahremck

• Members
Sorry I can read the second photo and it says "Dreamtime"  there is no 40!

Ross

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
thanks ross, your right, im wrong its not a number. Thanks again. Robert.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com