No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: deco vase bagley ? davidson ?  (Read 2763 times)

Offline lambden

• Members
deco vase bagley ? davidson ?
« on: July 12, 2005, 05:04:05 PM »
Hi
Can anyone tell me anything about this vase, it is quite large standing at 10" tall, I am no expert but I would think it dates to about 1930 or so.
Thankyou in advance for any info you can give.  :?:  :?:

http://tinypic.com/72ccgo.jpg

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:12:06 PM »
Hi

Not Davidsons from the 30's but unfortunately cannot tell you who.... the annoying thing is I'm sure I've seen a picture of this somewhere

regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 05:27:09 PM »
Hi — Sowerby pattern No. 2597, launched c. 1937 give or take a year or two.   Launched in two sizes, 5" and 10".   Later an intermediate size was added 7½"?, 8"?.   I would be grateful for an exact measurement.   Some post-war examples have sandblasted interiors.

I believe that some were sold pre-war by imaginative retailers as garniture sets, with a 10" 2597 flanked by two 5" 2597s, as they crop up like this more often than you would expect.

Colours include flint, amber, greens, blues, Rosalin (Sowerby's highly variable pink), amethyst, black, and, the most desirable, uranium yellow.

Gareth — BGbtW #169 was probably the reference you were looking for.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 06:29:38 PM »
Bernard

I do have that book around here somewhere and that must be what I remembered it from... many thanks for the prompt otherwise I could well have ended up on a wide variety of tangents and dead end alleys. :roll:

Regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 09:08:32 PM »
Hi Gareth
The exact size is 250mm tall 130mm across (not including the the side decoration)  it is not sand blasted on the interior.
Nicky

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 09:43:37 PM »
Nicky — apols, I meant the exact height of the intermediate size, not the height of the 10" size, which we already know.   Every time I see a middle one I don't seem to have a measure handy!

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand