No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass collection  (Read 7182 times)

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
Glass collection
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 01:17:50 AM »
Hi Ruth,

Pic 6: WMF 'Ikora' glass, Germany, 1930's - unfortunately, missing its double-headed screw-in  chromed 'head' for bulb holders (note the thread to the inner rim of the chrome fitting).

Pic 7 - Top Shelf:  Item 6 (l to r) - see comments below. Item 11 - Czech 1930's.

Pic 7 - Bottom Shelf: Items 3, 4 & 5 (as item 6 above) - These are regarded by many as Nazeing. However, I have not been able to confirm that this is indeed the case. I even used one of these as an illustration in the 'Miller's Guide to Collecting the 50's and 60's' (like the green ovoid form with a clear bun form base that you have)  :oops: I gained some extra information just prior to holding the "Nazeing Glass and its Origins" exhibition, which threw doubt on their origin. I therefore question the attribution, but understand people's wish to use it.

Pic 8: I agree with Frank about the origins of these pieces.

Pic 10: Not in my normal remit, but the green and blue irridised piece looks like Loetz. Does it have a nicely polished out concave pontil?

Pic 14: Morag Gordon, England 1980's. These pieces normally have an incised signature to the base, along with other information (which illudes my mind at present). These pieces are particularly beautiful and if you can get them in the right light, stunning! How big is your version?

Kind regards, Nigel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
glass collection
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 08:26:42 PM »
pic 3.

Similar piece listed on Ebay a while back.

the description given was:

It is Czeckoslavakian, and is called Schlaumglas, and was the Bohemian answer to Ikora glas made in Germany (2 3/8" tall and 2 5/8"
in diameter).

Taylog1

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Glassyone

• Members
Glass collection
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
My last two attempts at posts did not make it so I have followed advice and started posting one piece at a time.
Thank you all for your interest and help.
Ruth.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
glass collection
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 09:30:04 PM »
Hi Ruth - only just spotted your thread.  Great collection!
Collection 7 - third from the right is a "peacock" vase by Elme,  Sweden (1917-1970), c.1960s.  Two designers who worked there:- Hjordis Olsson & Charlotte Rude 1967-70.  Goodness knows where I got this info. from.  I managed to scrape it together, probably from different sources, when I bought my Elme peacock vase.
Anne E.B. :D
Anne E.B

Offline Glassyone

• Members
Peacock
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 02:10:20 AM »
I had just discovered the 'Peacock' series but did not know about the designer's, so thanks for that!
Ruth

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
glass collection
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »
Ruth can you update your web pages with the identifications?

Thank you.

Offline Glassyone

• Members
glass collection
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »
I will try, I am going to have more time for hobbies in a few months as I have resigned from my present job. I am so slow at the web building that I have stalled!
Cheers Ruth

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
glass collection
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 07:20:11 AM »
How did I miss this thread? I think it's because it has a similar name to another thread.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Glassyone

• Members
glass collection
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 04:14:06 AM »
Frank, it occurred to me that it would be quicker and easier to use the Glass Gallery, so shall I do that instead, as soon as is possible?
There is so much going on on this site, it is great but wow, what a lot to catch up with after a period away!
Ruth

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
glass collection
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 08:01:16 AM »
Please do Ruth :)