No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signature - Unknown ??? No clue/ ID = Kedelv for Flygfors "Coquille"  (Read 10081 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Signature - Unknown ??? No clue
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »
Rose: Coquille has been a very popular design, which you can tell by the number of companies who developed similar lines, including Lorraine from Montreal. Few, if any, of the other companies achieved quite the same quality and purity as Flygsfors. The early ones, of which you have one, are more desirable than the later ones. The little bowls like yours are fairly common on eBay and sell from $40-$100+, roughly, depending on size and colours. The vases, which are much bigger, go for quite a lot more.

Kedelv left to work for Reijmyre, where he worked until 1977, when he was 60. I don't know what happened after that, but none of the book I've got note his death. 
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
Hi Rose just been looking on ebay and something the same went for $355, so you have a good find, lots of his work on net if you google coquille bowk by paul kedelev
                               Gilead

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 01:09:20 AM »
Rose: Coquille has been a very popular design, which you can tell by the number of companies who developed similar lines, including Lorraine from Montreal. Few, if any, of the other companies achieved quite the same quality and purity as Flygsfors. The early ones, of which you have one, are more desirable than the later ones. The little bowls like yours are fairly common on eBay and sell from $40-$100+, roughly, depending on size and colours. The vases, which are much bigger, go for quite a lot more.

Kedelv left to work for Reijmyre, where he worked until 1977, when he was 60. I don't know what happened after that, but none of the book I've got note his death. 

Thanks langhaugh for that info, and we know that e-bay prices are a guide.  I got mine here at a small Antique show in a Mall.  I did not pay much for it.  They wanted close to the $100 mark, but it was near the end of the day, and I got just a little over the $50 mark.....but did not know what I was buying.  I took a gamble on it.  I should measure it as i have not just so I know the size, and can post here.  thanks

ADD:
Thanks Gilead...I will *google* that into ebay, as I was not sure what the name was here, and was miss-spelling it. i will google it, and see what comes up.  i will also take measurements too....OK.

thank you !!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:46 AM »
Rose: I should have asked you the size of the bowl. I was assuming it was around 5" long, i.e. fairly small. I checked completed sales for Coquille on eBay and I was a little optimistic for the current amrket, it seems. Was the $355 for a vase? If not, I've got a a few Coquille going on eBay very shortly!

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »
Hi This one went for $325 but that may because of the colour

Image removed by moderator

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
Hi David...

I will measure mine.  It was Gilead that saw something for $355.  I have got to google it yet.  Are yours marked then with dates too, and what dates on yours heading to market?

(One more question:  Is Surrey what was Langley before?  Was there (Langely) once, for Horse-Racing)

What are the sizes of your bowls, or dishes that you have there.  Large or small?

thxs

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 01:30:43 AM »
 :o :o

Gilead......do you have the e-bay ITEM NUMBER of that pic you posted there?  Does it give the measurements of that one?

Thxs

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 01:44:57 AM »
Hi Rose
          Found this little bit of info Paul Kedelv had a studio at Flygfors in the 50s during which time he produced his coquelle series.

Flygfors was founded in Sweden in 1888 assumed by Orrefors in 1970 and closed its doors in 1980, will go back and see if i can find the item number for you and the sizes,

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:01:26 AM »
Hi Rose
         Sorry it was on www.justglassmall.com/store but i came across one almost like it the number was on ebay 35001917632 hope this helps you  and i haven't misled you in any way, type in Paul Kedelv 58093

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 02:09:35 AM »
I just found this too....it is NOT the same, but was made in 1955.  So if the date on mine is 1953, it is an early piece with his name on it...where (I guess) the later pieces (after 1956) said Coquille on them.

http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/1981

In the ABOVE link it said that having the name KEDELV (rather than Coquille) makes it slightly more rarer.  Pinkspoons also said this here:

It's really not my field at all, but in Ivo's book it says that Flygsfors did date their wares in the signature after the factory name, and that, had it have been produced post-1956, it would also have been signed 'Coquille'.

and langhaugh said too
Rose........Few, if any, of the other companies achieved quite the same quality and purity as Flygsfors. The early ones, of which you have one, are more desirable than the later ones...............Kedelv left to work for Reijmyre, where he worked until 1977, when he was 60. I don't know what happened after that, but none of the book I've got note his death. 

So I guess I do have an early piece..... :chky:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand