No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signature - Unknown ??? No clue/ ID = Kedelv for Flygfors "Coquille"  (Read 10080 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Signature - Unknown ??? No clue
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »
Rose it seems so very happy for you nice one and you got the price down as you say, what a good day you had,
                                                                                                                                                      Gilead

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 02:27:09 AM »
Gilead..

Yeah, the design is like mine (site www.justglassmall.com/store ).  I think (though) it is larger than mine, but then this one says "coquille" on it NOT Kedelv.  So according to others (and links I have found so far), having the name Kedelv is rarer, and an earlier piece. 

I am real glad  ;D I bought it not knowing, and took a gamble.

ADD:

Thanks Gilead, but ahh-h-h-h.....there were a couple pieces I was not happy with.  But that is how it goes.  Some days good, and some days bad.  I bought this bowl JUST before I spotted the glass figure (posted in Murano board today).  So hoping these *TWO DEALS* -- BACK TO BACK were good.
;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 03:38:03 AM »
I would still refrain from getting terribly excited about some of the prices being bandied about in this thread - early or not, these small bowls are fairly frequently on the market, as Langhaugh states above.

A quick glance through eBay will show that around $20-$50 USD is the standard range dictated by the market. Even at antique fairs here in the UK they are only priced at $30-$60 by scrupulous dealers. Certain other dealers, as well as online and bricks-and-mortar stores, will always charge huge amounts for commonplace items through, generally, a lack of research of the market price.

So if you bought it because you liked it, and wish to keep it, then that's great as it's a very nice piece and you weren't overcharged by any means, but I'd save the champagne celebration for another occasion, if you know what I mean.  ;D

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 04:06:15 AM »
Well, Yes I like, and feel good cuz I had No knowledge of the signature, at all. This is my first, and only piece of Swedish glass.

I keep my items, treasure, and love them.  I do not list, or re-sell.  I have NO ebay account -- just a single mom with a love for glass, pottery, and antiques.

I buy out of pure love....plain, and simple.  For those of us plain folks......yes, I am excited.  It is not the price, it is getting to the bottom of the hunt.  To be able to say, this is a    (whatever)    makes me happy.   When I can finally put a name, design, maker on anything, the mystery has now been solved....and so on.

:'(  sorry, but only a little over a year ago I never knew such glass names as Murano, Federal, Davidson, Epoli, Wavecrest....etc., etc.  :-\

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 05:01:53 AM »
Rose:

I have about 9 or 10 Coquille, some bowls, a couple of little vases, and a basket. I like the blue and purple/red pieces, and am less fond of the green. They range from 1953 to early 60's. Sorry, I was joking about selling them. I'm very good at buying glass and lousy at selling it. It's seems a common complaint of the GMB.

On the off glass topic. Surrey borders on Langley, but is closer to Vancouver. It's about 400,000 pop and it does have horse racing in the shape of harness racing, just a mile and a half down the road from me. I've never been. No money left over from glass.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »
langhaugh...that sounds wonderful.   

I only purchased this one solely due to the fact it had a signature.  I am happy.  I will need more space in my house....if I branch into too many types. lol

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »
Just thought I would add this YouTube video link here about a "Rare signed Paul Kedelv Flygsfors bowl".  It is really nice to see these videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi4E-9DjxJ0

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
** Bump -- and a Question **

:hi:, I was just googling around here on the Net -- and with this signed  Paul Kedelv Flygsfors bowl, and with the number (date) of 53 -- I could not locate any other of these bowl with that early of a date, and only signed Flygsfors -- as mine does NOT say Coquille on it all.

So just wondering -- Do I have something (kinda) rare, and old (maybe) good treasure?  As I did not get any other hits with that age, and just Paul Kedelv Flygsfors? 

Or are my googling  skills -- still kinda crappy???   Just wanted some input on this.  Can anyone find one signed like mine, and the year -- as I was wondering the Value of this little Treasure  :X: I hoped I had found.

Thanks

Also is it Paul Kedelv --- or Paul Kedelev as it was spelled both ways here in the replies (???)  Maybe that is why I am not getting any hits for the date/Signature/Flygsfors  on it.

..... (MODS).....And I guess we (I) do have a positive ID for this one (RE: Title) to be added/modified.  Thanks  :kissy:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 06:29:32 AM »
Not really sure what you're asking Rose. The correct spelling is Kedelv. You have a piece that dates to before 1956. Paul left Flygsfors that year, so the later pieces are signed Cocquille

Offline Daniel S

• Members
Re: Signature - Unknown ??? No clue/ ID = Kedelv for Flygfors "Coquille"
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »
While Kedelv worked there his name was often on the piece like "Lustrousstone" says.
Very similar pieces can be made by Reijmyre(Kedelv worked there as well) also SEA show similar pieces.

I don't think that there is anything rare with the piece pictured in this thread. Flygsfors is easy to come by here in Sweden.(I live close to Flygsfors, Kosta, Boda, Orrefors and so on....)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand