No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help on selling murano  (Read 2258 times)

Offline brendade

• Members
Need help on selling murano
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:22:47 PM »
Excuse me if this is the wrong place, I have over 100 murano pieces and I live in nj and was wondering if anyone could help me sell the whole collection, ie were , I tried craigs list and my local news paper and I do not want to venture into ebay as I am not good with shipping and was hoping to sell in a lot , any sugestion would be much appreciated Brenda

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: Need help on selling murano
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:18:05 AM »
I think if you wish to sell it as a whole lot, your best bet would be to sell to a dealer, in which case the price per piece would need to be quite low. You could try getting a booth at a local antiques or pottery and glass show, or perhaps try to sell the lot in an auction.

Another idea...If you itemize on your taxes, you could donate the glass to a charity thrift store in which case you decide the value and get that money back at tax time.

Do you have any photos of your glass?
Shannon

Offline brendade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:16:43 AM »
Thank you, I think the tax deduction sounds like my best option and I did not know you could do that, I learned allot. I can take some pictures and post tomorrow, but most are packed up, they are mostly birds , fruit, bowls and statues.
Thank you
Brenda

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
Brenda, we do have our own Glass Market Place where members can list their own glass. All you need to do is to place photographs, a description and a price. Keep 'bumping' the topic on (say) a weekly basis to keep the topic fresh in people's minds.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,4.0.html
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand