No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandi or Sklo? Or what? - ID = Riihimäki by Aladin  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Scandi or Sklo? Or what? - ID = Riihimäki by Aladin
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »
I'm sure I've seen one like this before.  Racked my brains, but I can't remember!  :huh:  (And my searching was a bit hit or miss  :-[  ::))

When I first saw it I thought it might be Scandi, then I picked it up and saw the base, and I thought it might be Sklo (or am I in danger of making the the same sort of ID which says, "It has a polished pontil mark, therefore it is obviously Whitefriars!  :D ;)
Leni

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Scandi or Sklo? Or what?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
TTBOMK Riihimäki by Aladin - I'm sure someone will chime in with year and production number.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »

I agree with Ivo, Leni. I don't have a production number for this piece yet (or this piece  :cry: ), but probably made round about 1976.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »
Thank you, Ivo and Della  :-*

I am very pleased with myself, because when I first saw it I said to the dealer, "That looks like it could be Riihimaki!  Is it by Tamara Aladin, do you know?"  She looked at me as if I had just grown a second head, and said, "I have no idea!  You sound like you're the expert!"  :o  ;D 
Me!  An expert!  LOL!  :chky:

It was only when I picked it up and looked at the base that I began to doubt my first thoughts.  I should learn to trust my instincts, I guess  :angel:  :D
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand