Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Bollicine Vase - Italian, Scandi, Polish, Czech?!

(1/6) > >>

shandiane78:
Can anyone help with the origin of this vase? I feel like it could be from almost anywhere! The bottom is polished with a couple of scratches, but doesn't look to have much age wear. The vase is about 10" tall.

shandiane78:
Any ideas?

Carolyn Preston:
I know it's hard, but you have to be patient. Not everybody comes on everyday, so you might have to wait a week or more before the proper expert arrives on the board. If I had to guess (and I am in absolutely no way an expert) I would guess possibly murano (given the scoops just below the rim and the bubbles) but someone will come along to correct me.  ::)

Carolyn

Ivo:
I would think it is from Poland - possibly by Makora. The giveaway is the weight; Polish glass is HEAVY. There are several factories who keep changing the production models 4 times per year, so the range of different vases is infinite. And they do the full range of hot glass trickery: inclusions, nail moulds, hot decorations, somersos - you name it. 

shandiane78:
Thanks Ivo. For some reason I've been leaning more toward Bohemian, even though I bought it with hopes that it was Italian. I'm curious to hear some more opinions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version