No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Three Ducks! One with label.  (Read 2082 times)

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Three Ducks! One with label.
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
Any help for these guys? The first two are smaller, but the gray one is about 14" tall. The gray one also has an internal bubble effect that I've seen in FM Konstglas and Murano Nason glass, but the sticker looks like it might be a newer one? Do you think the blue one and/or green one might be Seguso?

Shannon

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Three Ducks! One with label.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »
I'll take a stab at the second duck. It looks like a green and aventurine piece by Archimede Seguso. The colors are like the ones pictured on page 149 of Pina's Archimede Seguso book. It doesn't have the design, but I believe I have seen your design attributed to A. Seguso.

I don't know who did the first duck. It looks Seguso-ish, but I haven't seen these types of eyes before on Seguso. Ideas, anybody?

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
Thanks Anita! The white and green eye on the first duck had me wondering if it might be a newer one. For the *maybe* Seguso one, do you know if htey were normally sold in pairs? Lke one with bill pointing up, and one down? I think I have seen Seguso ducks like this.

Also, is there a name for that gray internal bubble effect? I have a strong affinity for it.
Shannon

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
Oh, btw, I just bought the Archimede Seguso book. I'm excited for it to arrive!
Shannon

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:07:50 AM »
I think the Green duck is Seguso.
The first I really do not know. I have 2 in different colors, all with gold and those same eyes.
One of them has a Toscany (shield shape) label on it.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »
Thanks Javier! I've seen that Toscany label around - Sometimes on nice looking glass, and sometimes on...Other. lol It would be nice to know which Murano firms they imported from.
Shannon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand