No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Duck with G. Giacobbe label...  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Duck with G. Giacobbe label...
« on: February 22, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about my duck?

He's 20.5cm tall, the body colour grades from blue to purple, clear feet, beak and eyes with gold flecks in the beak and eyes.

When I bought him he had a self adheasive felt base, but I could see there was a label underneath it. Back home and after 2 hours careful picking with a scalple to free the label from the felt the results were'nt pretty, but at least legible!

"G GIACOBBE / MURANO GLASSWARE / MADE IN ITALY / VENEZIA / san marco"

Google suggests that a few members have had pieces with the same label before and that it may have been a retailers label, so is anything known of G Giacobbe and could it be attributed to a particular glassworks or simply a generic murano duck for the tourists?

many thanks.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Duck with G. Giacobbe label...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:43:32 PM »
We discussed Giacobbe a couple of times on another board. The label has San Marco written on it, so people figured that it was most likely a store in San Marco Square.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand