No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Italian with gold spekles. Can anyone help?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline blackenpot

• Members
Italian with gold spekles. Can anyone help?
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »
I've just come home from a local flea market and would like some information of these two objects. I am sure that they are Italien and maybe seguso??
Thank you

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Italian with gold spekles. Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
No one else has answered, so I thought I would tell the little I know. I often see vases with these types of handles and different types of decoration sold as Fratelli Toso, but I have never been convinced of the attribution. I haven't seen one with a label, so cannot be sure who did this style of vase.

The gondolas were made by several companies. I usually classify them in the "generic" category unless there is a signature. Generic to me just means that I see them a lot and have no idea who made them. Your is different than most I see in having internal decoration, rather than painted on. I noticed a few weeks ago that gondolas were selling well (for gondolas) on eBay. The market for them used to be very poor.

Hope someone has better information,
Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »
I agree with Anita. To me they both look like generic tourist pieces.
Shannon

Offline blackenpot

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Thank you both, I thought myself that these must be tourist items. If anyone has any information I'd appreciate that. How old are these peices?
  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand