No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brown glass Javex Bottle -- Maybe Dominion Glass ??  (Read 49027 times)

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
Re: Brown glass Javex Bottle -- Maybe Dominion Glass ??
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 01:09:49 AM »
Sandra

Your bottle was made by Consumers Glass in November/December in a year ending with a 1 before 1962 i.e. 1961, 1951, etc.  Consumers used a trademark of a C in an inverted triangle prior to 1962 and a C in a triangle after 1962.  My apologies for my earlier assumption concerning the configuration of the trademark.

[Mod: The above detail is a correction to information given in an earlier post - and which has now been removed]

Sid

Offline bcsanle

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Beach glass
    • Canada
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:59 PM »
No problem thanks for your answer!  :)

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
Hello:

For further clarity:

In 1962, Consumers Glass changed their trade mark to a C in a triangle.  Prior to 1962, they used a C in an inverted triangle. 

Sid

Offline zefron

• Members
    • Iraq
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 06:41:42 AM »
I agree with the second comment about that.....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Offline PEIslander

• Members
    • PEI
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »
Hello all!
 I was transplanting a tree on our property today and dug up an old Javex bottle. It's 16oz and on the bottom it has the large diamond.
Inside the diamond on the first row is a "7" which I suspect is the mold number. Next line is "JAVEX". Under that is "TRADEMARK" and finally below that is an upside down triangle. From what I've read on this thread this is a pre-1928 jar? Any idea exactly what year it would be from?
Thanks
Todd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand