No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ebay Decanters  (Read 2990 times)

Offline lenore

• Members
Ebay Decanters
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
Hi,
This seller has a number of decanters/stoppered bottles. On this particular listing the answer to my question as to whether there was a signature was "none". Did Venini mark all of their decanters? Who would be the makers of these?
Thanks,
Lenore
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7337282495&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

Offline chuggy

• Members
venini
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »
I would say from the overall look this is not Venini, just doesn't look tight enough in the quality of the work. Unfortunately can't check in my Venini bible at moment as lent it to a friend who I'm educating in Murano glass. Must be working as he's buying a few bits from me.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Anonymous

Ebay Decanters
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:07:44 AM »
"Unfortunately can't check in my Venini bible"

Could you please share the name of your Venini bible? Is it a good resource book?

Offline chuggy

• Members
venini bible
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 08:08:46 AM »
I'm afraid it's not a published book just 5 loose leaf folders i've put together over the years made up from old Venini catalogues and design books augmented with numerous copies from auction catalogues, published books articles etc. Currently runs to around 1,100  a4 pages in total and quite irreplaceable.
Paul

Anonymous

Ebay Decanters
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
Hi Paul,

Currently runs to around 1,100 a4 pages in total and quite irreplaceable.

:shock: Quite a light work for bedtime reading then?  :lol:

To be honest, would this be something worth publishing at some stage?  :idea:

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Ebay Decanters
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 10:41:19 AM »
Well, I was logged in!

T'was me that posted the above.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline chuggy

• Members
decanters
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »
Hi David
Ti be honest it has been compiled from so many sources that sorting copyrights out on it all would be a nightmare. I've also got similar for Archimede Seguso and Dino Martens and various other stuff so you can imagine the state of my study most of the time. To be honest I haven't the time or inclination to take on a task like publishing it all, but when I eventually pop my clogs i'll leave it all where it will be used and appreciated, but hopefully that won't be for a few more years yet.
Paul

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand