No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vasart Vase V025 with Gold  (Read 2656 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Vasart Vase V025 with Gold
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:56 PM »
4.25" high classic V025 shape (ref Ysart website), I have a few but this is the first I have found with such lovely drops of glitter/mica, I guess it is quite common, it's just that I have 3 other swirly coloured ones as in Frank's Ysart glass website

It is not signed 'Vasart' but none of my others are either

I do like the glitter  ;) ;)
http://publish.hometown.aol.co.uk/blackcatgla/images/vasart%20vo25.jpg

http://publish.hometown.aol.co.uk/blackcatgla/images/vasart%20base.jpg

Adam D555  :-\ :-\
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:13:54 PM »
Hi Adam,

Aventurine is found less often in Vasart because they could not afford it. When you do find it is more economically used than in Monart.

Mica is even rarer in Vasart.

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:42:37 PM »
Thanks Frank

I was wanting to use the word Aventurine - but it feels so Murano LOL

But yes this is Aventurine - now for a Mica bit - actullay I may be putting this on eBay soon with some other bits

I just noticed my house - I can't move - I smashed a MLA Wade 'Sarah' the other day now Tom is all on his own - I am mad as that's £300.00 down the drain - they go together you see - I was pushing it aside to make way for some glass - hope the contents Ins will pay out :cry:  :cry:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Monart with Mica - sold this a year or so ago, it went sky high- cos of that label methinks!

Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand