Author Topic: Okay, what did I just buy?  (Read 267 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: Okay, what did I just buy?
« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:08:33 PM »

Hi.

Thanks for the comments on the glass - it sounds like it might be a lead glass, but of relatively low lead content.

I have been looking at some of my 'oddities', and I have a paperweight with very similar cane structures (and some of the colours), which belongs to the unknown group of antique European paperweights that I refer to as 'starfish' paperweights.  I call them that because many have unusual canes with 5 short straight arms to them.  I am working on an article on these, but will try and post some images of the paperweight I have in mind and the relevant canes in the next day or so.

They are a diverse groups of designs - concentrics, colour grounds, harlequins, scrambles.  They probably date to the late 19th century, and may well be Belgian but not Val St Lambert.  More anon.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Online RescoCCC

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • United States
Re: Okay, what did I just buy?
« Reply #11 on: Today at 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks, Alan, I appreciate it. I'll also keep researching and see if I can come up with anything.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com