Author Topic: Vintage Books - Why Buy Them?  (Read 3368 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Vintage Books - Why Buy Them?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
I've just found some real treasures.

"Dominic Labino: A Decade of glass Craftsmanship 1964-1974", a small booklet of images of Labino's work produced by Pilkington, the V&A and Toledo museums. Pub '74-75

"Visual Art in Glass" by Dominic Labino, an Art Horizons Series book, pub. 1968

and Geoffrey Beard's "International Modern Glass" ('76) which contains the most amazing images  (B&W) of tons of Whistler's work - so it doesn't matter that they're B&W!

I did get another book, but I don't know what to do with it really, because I think it's in Czech.

So it's available to anybody here who can use it, I'm quite happy just to pass it on. ;D

Published in 1948 by Aventinum, writen by N. Melnikova-Papouskova, it is called
"Skleneny sen Ludviky Smrckove"

Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • ChanceGlass.net
Re: Vintage Books - Why Buy Them?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
Thanks Bill, and welcome to the GMB! Nice to see a few with a US perspective, if you find any.

I'll have to go through my library and update with a few more I have since found.

English Glass, W A Thorpe, pub: Adam & Charles Black, 1949 (1st pub in 1935) is another.
I guess the later version is better given all the updates that would have been included.

I could go to more with books dating to the 19th century, but the topics are rather specific!  ;)
David
► The Curious History of the Bulb Vase ◄
 A new book by Patricia Coccoris

Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand