No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Shell  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Glass Shell
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
Hi All
       while on my adventure's today i came across this tourquoise blue Shell but with white under tone,s it is 7ins in diameter between an inch and 1.5ins high pontil is polished please take a look and comment which are most welcome as per usual.

perfect for car keys and the like, just inside the hall way dont you think,

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Glass Shell
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:42:46 PM »
Hi
   Searched the net ages for this can not find anything, how about Murano?

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:01:59 PM »
It definitely looks like Murano glass to me - Probably by Fratelli Toso.
Shannon

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:10:07 PM »
Hi Shannon
                Thank you, for the in put, i was thinking Murano but not sure, will keep looking to see if i can pin it down cheers
                                                                                                                                                                      Steve

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »
Anne
       Thank you i wonder if this an ashtray of some form which were produced for the tourist trade, just guessing at the moment,
                                                                                                                                                                           Steve

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »
Steve,
if i saw this in a charity shop, i think i would buy it ;)
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »
Hi Andy
           cheers nice hey it, but struggling to find out who made it and when could be from the 50s am going on the fact i got it from same place as the two jug sets, if you have seen them, but all guess work at the moment,
                                                                                                                  Steve,

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »
Could this shell be from the 70s it would not be a top to a split piece? clutching a straws now.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
I think it's just a dish. As to date, it's really hard with many of these touristy pieces. People bought them and they just carried on making them for years and years. 1960/70s onward is probably as good as you are going to get - that's only nearly 50 years of package holidays to choose from

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
I agree with Shannon that the bowl looks most like Fratelli Toso. The bottom ribbing looks like it could be one of their opalino pieces. I can't see a lot of the detail in the pictures, but it looks like something they would do. I attached a picture of the bottom of one of their rose opalino bowls so you can compare, Gilead.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand