No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Shell  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Glass Shell
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 12:54:46 AM »
Anita
         It looks just the same on the base as that very milky colour, would these have been made in other colours as well, if so how many, from your picture and mine it seems  to be a Fratelli Toso then would'nt mind finding some more like this,

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
perfect for car keys and the like, just inside the hall way dont you think,

I suggest soapdish for the bathroom rather than a videpoche for the hallway  :ac1:

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
Gilead, FT does opalino in several colors. Blue is one of the favorites. I read the comment about keys. Definitely not! Keys or other hard things scratch the glass over time and ruin a bowl. Ivo's idea of soap seems better... but would it discolor the glass over time? Maybe better is to put it in a display cabinet or on a shelf :-)

Other companies, e.g. Seguso, did opalino. Your rim looks more like FT to me.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 12:06:22 AM »
Hi Anita
    Well the shell has been claimed my wife says she wants it for the bathroom, hoping when i go to the place i got this shell from that he will still have the other 2 piece's that where simular, but more of a vase type, tomorrow, tried to see if i could see the same shell on ebay but no joy, cheers for all the input to the post,
                                              steve

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 08:21:21 AM »
I got a reply from Fratelli Toso today regarding this Shell and all thay were prepaid to say was the date 1965, and that many factorys made these ash trays, there words. so i have a date and it's one of the Murano factorys,
                                                                                                       Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand