No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Oval Vase ?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Blue Oval Vase ?
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:20:21 PM »
Hi
   This was the last piece i found today, while out, it has got clear base then blue going a bit clear to the top which is fished off with a deeper blue, standing 11.5ins at i's highest point, it also has indents on th side's any idea's whom please and when, saw a red strawberry style triangle bowl in the same shop, which i might go back for to moz, also in the same shop was a Swedish vase with a simular to this it still had the sticker n it, so might go for that as well,
                                              Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: Blue Oval Vase ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
This is a very pretty vase, i suspect Scandinavian, possibly Italian. ;D
Steve, its value is not high, and i would suggest only buying items you REALLY like,
otherwise, you will end up with shelves full of glass, like me!  :o
and not know what to do with it all.

If you buy what you like, you will not go wrong, from experience though, theres no resale value or
profit from such items :'(

Good luck in your collecting,
Andy
 ;)
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »
Cheers Andy
                 I am only buying what i like but of cause there in lies the problem as i like all glass at the moment, but dare say once i find out what i like most it will flaten out, so not realy thought of how much i have got round me, but just know it's buliding up. ;D.

Will have to slow up soon though, seem to have got the Bug now, get a buz every time i buy, ;)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »
HI steve, I had two of three like this in diff. colours when I started out, eventually sold them on ebay as unspecified origin, although I now think they are prob.mass end of Italian production as base seems well finished. I've recently seen Chinese? copies but the bases are not as finely polished, and may be rough ground still. I'm at similar stage to you, still get a buzz from most glass (hence my kitch piece Gwendoline up for ID) Have decided to be strict and selective and learn.........................cheers steph

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
Hello Steph
                Yes saw Gwendoline very nice and different, always going to be a talking point to your friends once you can find out more, which i think you will from the good people on here, im off out again tomorrow so better take a strong bag with me, Phew ;) ;D

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »
Do you live anywhere near the Sunderland National Glass Centre? It reminds me of a Colin Brown vase I have. Does yours have three sides?
http://www.colinbrownglass.co.uk/Index.php

Pictures on that site aren't working for me.  ::)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:28:12 PM »
Tigerchips
               No im from the midlands in the blackcountry, and it only as two side to the vase,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand