No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass vase, with lpartial abel Scandinavian looking but.....  (Read 2098 times)

Offline wildrose

• Members
Glass vase, with lpartial abel Scandinavian looking but.....
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »
I cannot read what is left of the label. Been trying to ID this for some time now, any help appreciated! thank you!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Glass vase, with lpartial abel Scandinavian looking but.....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:27:17 AM »
i can read 'ARCTEK something which makes no sense at all to me - it may be a retail label. The ship is not Scandinavian by the look of it. Question is, is it blown and panel cut, or is it pressed?  Is there any marking?  I could imagine this is one of the products from Atlantis/ MG Marinha Grande. But I could be barking up the wrong mast, of course.

Offline wildrose

• Members
Re: Glass vase, with partial label Scandinavian looking but.....
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »
There are no marks, just that odd label, before the letter A it looks like an upside down V if that gives a hint to maybe a country or something? I will get pics from all sides and post  maybe that will tell you the process used to make it, because honestly I have no idea, but I am willing to learn.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Glass vase, with lpartial abel Scandinavian looking but.....
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:42:11 PM »
Good, the inital character maybe a cyrillic L and it looks as if  CTEK is part of the word STEKLO. That is the Russian and Slovenian word for "Glass".  But still no wiser - just speculating here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand