No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green Charger/Lid? - ID = Czechoslovakian, Carl Stölzle und Sohne, Hermanshütte  (Read 8904 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Evening members,

Today on my travel i came across this unusual green Charger/plate /lid,to be quite honest i dont know what to call it, as any one seen a piece of glass like this before?.

If so can you please tell me what it is, and any idea of the pattern on it, the width is 11ins by 12.5ins it seems to have a sort of leaf pattern on it, and a double lip on the side's. cheers
                                                   Steve

Offline Leni

• Members
Re: (Unusual) Green Charger / Lid? Uranium or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
Yep, I bet this one is uranium too.  I know I've seen it on Pamela's site, but can't remember what it is.  Have you looked on http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de ?
Leni

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:54:48 PM »
Hi Leni
          Thanks for the link will take a look now just got to put up a glass set and a big piece of pressed glass,
                                                                                                                                                  Steve

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »
this one?
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/schalen/02075.html
and many more on my site  :angel:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
Hi Pamela
               Would this be a plate then? and is it made by the same maker, do you know the name of the pattern? what would these have been used for in the day of being made i like the look of this pattern most unusual well to me of cause,  ::)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
Looks like uranium glass to me, which dates it to about the 1930s. Probably a serving dish of some sort. Pamela has a set here http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/schalen/04262.html but hasn't been able to identify them

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »
I see loads of bowls in this pattern around the North East of England?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
Hi Christine
                from the photo link you gave me it looks like i have got a large plate here, as the dish is much deeper than the glass i have, proberly about the depth as the small plate's in Pamela's photo's, that it a very nice set she as, lucky  :mrgreen:
                                                                                                                                           Steve

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 10:51:12 PM »
I see loads of bowls in this pattern around the North East of England?

Me too Tony!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 07:18:39 AM »
They're not uncommon this way but not in uranium, otherwise I'd have one and I don't think I have (note the think  :-[ )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand