No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Pressed Bowl  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Large Pressed Bowl
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:07:08 PM »
Hi
   Could any one please identify this large Bowl it stands 6.5ins high 10ins long and 8ins wide, weighing in at 2kg 730g which in old money is, 6lb & 1/4oz the pattern seems to be an X inside a square lines either side running equal round the bowl and a ridged top, hope my discription  is good,enough for you to help inputting an age and may be a maker of this fine piece of glass,
                                                                                                                         Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Large Pressed Bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
hi can any one point me in the direction of this heavy Crystal footed bowl, looked though Angus & Greener, & George Davidson, Edward Moore, Sowerby, but cant find a Gadroon like this, just looked though Percival, Yates & Vickers. no joy, idea's please,
                                                                                                                                                    Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
Steve, is it crystal or is it pressed glass?  It doesn't look very old from the pattern and shape - I'd be thinking somewhere between 1930-1970, which would rule out Greener or Edward Moore. I have some glass with this X shaped pattern but without the dividing gadroons.  It could be continental rather than English.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
Yes you are right Anne pressed so got it right in the subject post first time, me again clutching at straws. very heavy though.
                                                                                                                                                                 steve

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »
Hi Steve, i hav'nt had time to go through it all but try looking here http://www.rcrcrystal.com/italian_crystal_factory/company/the_group.html

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:45 PM »
Thanks Sue
                  have had a really good look but cant find some nice tumblers there though which will be nice to have a whisky out of, and some nice wine glasses looks like i will be buying again but to use this time not to look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand