No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dressing Table Set - ID = Bagley Duchess pattern 3103  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Dressing Table Set - ID = Bagley Duchess pattern 3103
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
Hi
   can any one tell me the Style of this Dressing table set, and of what era it came from i have gussed the early 30s but not sure, and do you know what the little dish is for a the front of the set please,
                                                                       Steve

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Dressing Table Set
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
Looks Czech but I don't recognise the pattern. The design probably dates from the mid to late 30s.
The small dish at the front in the centre looks to be for rings.

Steven

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Evening Steven
                 I thought that rings, and around the 30s thanks for the view point, i presume these have a name style to them if so i hope to find out,

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
The design might be 30s but the set could be 50s/60s. Many of these were made over a long period.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
VERY BAGLEY!
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »
And Bagley it is! It's a #3103 'Duchess' design 7 piece Boudoir set. It could have been made anywhere between 1939 to 1975.

(Info from: Bagley Glass, (our own Angela) Bowey, Parsons & Parsons, 2004, p. 43. )

Mod: Spelling corrected.  :spls2:

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:53:07 AM »
Cathy Pamela Christine & Steven.
                                             Thank you very much for your help in the identification of the set, at the oment i have not decided which glass to make my sole collection, so untill i do its all the glass that takes my eye, by which time i guess i will have loads, i can not believe how much i have collected so far, and i am off again in the morning, will slow down in the next 2-3wks once moved as i will have to sort out the work on the bungalow.

After which then i can unpack and see what glass i will be keeping and see what i will do with the rest open a shop maybe,  ;)
                                                                                                                                                                   Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand