If you use our newly updated Designer Searches to find and buy glass, this Board gets a small commission for each purchase, which helps keep the Board running. Click here and thank you for your support.

Author Topic: Art Deco Uranium Vase  (Read 689 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Art Deco Uranium Vase
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »
Found this delightful art deco vase today, molded in 3 parts i think? it seems to have 3 lips inside would this be for a lid, the vase or come to think of it now possible bowl.

This stands 5.1/4ins to the rim the outer diameter of the open top is 5.3/4ins am i right in thinking this could be from the 30s help needed and appreciated,
                Steve

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Art Deco Uranium Vase
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:22:56 PM »
Hello,

The three protrusions inside would be to hold a flower separator. I don't immediately recognise the pattern but the colour & finish look very S. Reich, 1930s.

Steven

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
Cheers Steven
                    Will look that up now been on a buying spree again,  ::)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
Your eye is definitely getting better, another uranium one I think and one I've not seen before - time for a UV light and have you ordered that extra Pickfords lorry. I'm surprised Mrs Steve lets you back in the house!

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
Christine
             I have bought more boxes and will have to get a bigger van than i thought now, Mrs Steve dose'nt mind she seems to claim a few pieces which i tend not to want to let go. but it all keeps the peace :clap: ;D.

i will have to slow up though also ordered a 8ft X 6ft steel Shed today in a nice wood effect to store most of this glass as i will not be able to put all of it in the bungalow, think i better go back to work would'nt  spend so much then,  ::)
                                                                                                                         Steve

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
For Reich, which is a German manufacturer, check out Pamela's website here (in English as well as German): http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html as her collection includes Reich items.

Another website worth looking at is this one, also about German Pressed Glass: http://www.pressglas.de/index.html - lots of examples of makers and patterns.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
Thank you Anne
                        Your so kind, appreciated, we all have to start some where, in a new adventure,
                                                                                                                                   Steve

Look for glass on
 ebay.co.uk 
Look for glass on
 eBay.com (US)

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand