No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 10cm Amber Vase (mould Blown?) - ID = Sowerby's Worcester pattern  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
This little vase has two flowers on the side and like a leaf plant on the other which sticks out, the base as the same flower pressed in to it, quit heavy for it's size, which is 10cm could any one tell me about this vase please,
                                                                                                        steve

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: 10cm Amber Vase (mould Blown?)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »
Hmmmm I've never seen this before Steve, so I'm stumped. It's a fab colour though!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
Could this be a tumbler and not a vase, as i thought,it is also transparent when you hold it up to the light, tried finding the pattern pressed in to the base but on luck, any help is appreciated.
                                                             Steve

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »
Hi All
         Still stumped with this little gem. and am still not convinced it's a vase, the side seem Czech but the base is thowing me off but as you know i am a rank amuturer and a bad one at that  ;D can any one tell me what pattern the flower on the base is please.
                                                                                                                                                        Steve

Offline Chris Harrison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »
It's a tumbler from Sowerby's Worcester water set. 
1933 catalogue from Glen's Sowerby CDs, if I remember rightly. 
I had a pair in flint that it took me 3 yrs to identify!

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
Hi Chris
           I thought it was not a vase and a tumbler. many thanks for the ID :hiclp: i can now put that in my file of identifications, am slowly getting there, only about another 50 odd pieces to go ::), and most though the great people on this site, many thanks.
                                                                                                                                                   Steve

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
Your tumbler should hold half a pint  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum