No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Multi Coloured Vase?  (Read 929 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Multi Coloured Vase?
« on: March 19, 2008, 06:47:54 PM »
I bought this vase today which i thought could be Murano, it is the same colour as some of the fish from Murano greens, reds, blues , and whites this was the larger of two that were of the same shape, and simular style.

The vase stands 12ins high and the opening of the vase is 4.5ins the base 5ins there are 3 beads of glass running down the side, all clear they look like dripping water do you think that these vase could be Murano if not by whom?
                                                                                                           Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Multi Coloured Vase?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:44 PM »
I would have said more likely Czech and as far as I know the jury is still out on many of the fish

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
Czech was my first thought also.
Shannon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »
Cheers Shannon & Christine.
                                       i will look to Czech then did you see my other piece which is simular wuld that to be Czech ?
                                                                                                                                                              steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand