No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Very Heavy Green bowl needed ID  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Very Heavy Green bowl needed ID
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »
Can any one ID this heavy green bowl please 7ins in diameter oval shape opening,base 4ins in diameter,2.5ins high at most upper point, thank you for all your help, with my posts it is much appreciated,
                                                                         Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

Re: Very Heavy Green bowl needed ID
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »
Hi Steven,
This is a Rudolf Jurnikl ashtray, made by Sklo Union. Further info at www.sklounion.com

You really need to invest in some reading material, such as Judith Miller's Collectables, as these usually carry useful information regarding items such as these...... or look through these books in the reference section of your local library. Also, spend some time reading through the older topics on this board, and GMB members web-sites for information. This would help to reduce the number of enquiries you have to bring to the board.
Regards,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »
Thank you for your help Marcus
                                           think if i buy any more book i will have as many as i do glass item's i proberly have the wrong book so will have to get more sorry for to many enquiries, am trying to lean as quick as possible must learn to walk first i suppose, can you suggest any other sites i could join ?
                Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:46 PM »
Steve that is a good start to a glass book collection.  There are others which you'd find really useful as well - I have a huge pile of them beside me all the time here and I still don't find the answers I want, (!) but they're good to browse anyhow.  Check out the Books forum here too for some of the more unusual titles you may not have come across before. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand