No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cascade label (split from Re: Fauna Range)  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Cascade label (split from Re: Fauna Range)
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »
Hello Adam & T,

My book states that this range was introduced in 1970.

While we are on this subject I have seen "Cascade" labels on the Dewdrop range. Is it an importer's name?

G Man :)

Hi G Man, 'Cascade' were a manufacturer - Stephen Pollock-Hill (from Nazeing) knows more about them and Pinkspoons also discovered that Holmegaard outsourced production of some of their smaller Gulvases (the blue ones I think if I remember rightly) to Cascade.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Cascade label (split from Re: Fauna Range)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »
It looks like Cascade produced all of the uncased Holmegaard Gulvvaser colours - amber-brown, dark blue, and olive green - and added a few of their own with smoke topaz, smoke blue, bright ocean blue, and clear.

From their output that turns up every now and then, it looks like they did a lot of outsourced / licensed designs from Scandinavian glassworks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand