No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please can you help with this ??Whitefriars  (Read 5785 times)

Andrew

I know
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 04:25:40 AM »
This paperweight was made by Norleans company in Japan.  I have about 6 of these, most still have the original label on them.  They are from about the 1970's.  Mine came from an estate auction.  I can send you photos if you like.  They show every so often on eBay.  value is about $10 each.  Andrew

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline dreamticket2

• Members
Please can you help with this ??Whitefriars
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 08:20:49 PM »
Thankyou Andrew.
Just shows that trying to compare the base pontil or lack off  does not always help!
Jean

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline EstlinClichy

• Members
not a whitefriars
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 03:48:46 AM »
This is not a Whitefriars, although Whitefriars did make a color glob with bubble weight in the 1970s. It came in two sizes, one bell-shaped with a neck and knob on the top and quite oversize - doorstop really. The other size eliminates the neck and knob. The inside design is an orange ball of glass with clearly defined rings of bubbles around it. The paperweight you have is Japanese from the 1970s through 1990s I would think.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Anonymous

Please can you help with this ??Whitefriars
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 10:15:07 AM »
Thank you all.
Thank you foryour input. appreciated.
jean
dreamticket2

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia