No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green glass lidded pot / sugar bowl (not uranium) - ID = Sindorf Neckar  (Read 11554 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Way back when in Oct 2005, Ivo posted some pieces in a Dalian/Nason lookalike topic - one of which was a Nason pressed glass powder bowl and lid in black/aventurine as seen here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2811.msg21379.html#msg21379

I'd forgotten all about this until today when shifting topics around (again!) I found it and realised that the pressed pot appears to be the exact same shape as one of my mystery powder bowls! See attached.

There's no marks/labels or anything on my pot, and I really hadn't known that Nason made pressed glass either, so I'm now wondering if my green pot is also Nason? And if anyone knows any more about Nason pressed glass production please?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Green glass powder pot (not uranium) matches Nason shape ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »
An update: on exploring again at Pamela's Pressglas-Pavillon website, I found the same shape bowl attributed to Sindorf, which sounds much more likely for mine too.  http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/deckeldosen/05366.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Green glass powder pot (not uranium) matches Nason shape ?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »
Sindorf was an absolutely great find of SG - Thank you, Mr. Grieger for this!  Nearly 20 items could have been attributed right away! :hiclp:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Green glass powder pot (not uranium) - ID = Sindorf Neckar
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »
Go to Pressglas-Pavillon.de and the new link at the left: Sindorf
Sincerely hope you will be equally successful as I was  :chky:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
German Sindorf Neckar trinket sets – variants?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
I have several reference photos for trinket sets identified as German Sindorf Neckar sets. The lidded pots are usually the most identifiable pieces, and accord with those on Anne’s and Pamela’s sites. I have photos showing pieces in clear blue, clear peachy pink, frosted pink and frosted uranium green (so, because of the green uranium glass, I suspect that the sets originate in the mid- to late 1930s). Only one set has a candlestick, and that may possibly be a mismatched piece.

Initially, all the trays were a similar oval shape as in my first photo (© bazza131313).

Now, I have come across a trinket set where the pots are (in my view anyway) the same shape as the ‘usual’ Sindorf Neckar pots, but the colourway is most unusual – a clear body but with the highlights picked out in a pale turquoise-blue colour. This time, however, the pots are complemented by a tray that is rectangular (though in similar overall style to the oval trays I had seen previously), and a pair of rather elegant candlesticks  - the tray and the candlesticks are also clear with their highlights picked out in the turquoise-blue colour, so I presume they must be all part of a matching set. (Permission for the re-use of these images on the GMB granted by denchris3027).

The candlesticks with the turquoise-blue set are in the same pattern as a candlestick I have had in my ‘unknown’ file for a while – but this time the body of the candlestick is clear with the highlights picked out in emerald green. (Permission for the re-use of this image on the GMB granted by max_mild).

I suspect that the sets with coloured highlights are (later?) variants of the ‘usual’ Sindorf Neckar sets. Does anyone have catalogue (or other) confirmation that the sets with the coloured highlights are by Sindorf and that the pattern is indeed Neckar?

Fred.

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
Re: German Sindorf Neckar trinket sets – variants?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: German Sindorf Neckar trinket sets – variants?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:15:07 PM »
I'm still not 100% certain of Mystery #82 as Neckar, as the green frosted and pink frosted ones appear to have a groove along the ridges of the pots. My Neckar pot doesn't have such a ridge, neither do the other unfrosted ones in the pics, nor the enamelled ones.   

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
Re: Green glass lidded pot / sugar bowl (not uranium) - ID = Sindorf Neckar
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 01:36:39 AM »
Oh that's interesting Anne, I'll have to study these a bit more.
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 07:12:13 PM »
I don't know if this helps or makes anything any clearer.   A couple of pictures of the part set I have in frosted Uranium green with a candlestick.  I bought what is shown plus another small lidded bowl, all sold together as a set. 

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »
Oh yes, thank you that helps enormously as I can see the how the powder pot differs from mine. I'll add a pic of mine here so you can see what I mean... on the lid each panel is smooth down to the rim and there is no ridge between the panels

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand