No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: george sarfi  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Derek

• Members
Re: george sarfi
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
Hi all

and I got the miniature with the white petals !

This miniature weight has neither date or sig cane although the style is definitely that of George Sarfi. So I would be very grateful if mtpwt could put me in touch with George to enable me to confirm attribution.

Best regards

Derek

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline alpha

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »
My book: Dictionary of Signature Cane Inclusions (both the 1997 book and the 2007 CD) have a short bio section on George Sarfi.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
Hi Andy

Yes I had already read both bio's!

The only other information I can add is that apparently he sold the weights under the name Sarfi Art Glass (Canada)

I would clearly like to get a positive ID on my unsigned weight as a Sarfi hence the request for mtpwt to put me in touch with George as according to his previous post the published email address is no longer valid.

Best regards

Derek

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand