No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Charger) Homgaard, Flygsfors or Orrefors  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
(Charger) Homgaard, Flygsfors or Orrefors
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »
Hi
   I have this large blown clear/blue charger with one end turned up 2.1/4ins in height at the front and turns up to 7ins at the rear.
The width of this is 7ins the pontilis polished but showing some age. from the colour blue to the outer rim the clear part is 1inc this piece feels and looks quality would be the biz on a turn table, but Ahhh.

Whom made it sen a Holmgaard one but the end is not turned up. also saw a Orrefors and again the end not turned up, but have seen a Flysfors too on ebay which was more round than this but had same style, having said all this dont Murano do this sort of work as well.

picked this up today along with some other pieces.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: (Charger) Homgaard, Flygsfors or Orrefors
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:34:08 PM »
100% not Holmegaard. And it's very unlikely indeed to be either of your other two suggestions (they're not really my field, so I wouldn't like to definitely nay-say them).

But these are fairly common, popping up all over the place in various sizes/colours and by various manufacturers, and I believe there have been one or two discussions over similar pieces on the board.

A quick poke at this site's search facility brings up this: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2543.msg19015.html#msg19015

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
Cheers Nic
                  for the link but it seems that they are different to this more low and not turned up. but of cause the tinypic .com images are missing as per usual on here, dont know why that happens are they time limited ? i have seen of of these some where not to long back and am thinking it was Murano but not 100% it was while i was looking for another bowl. the finish on this is beautiful and as high polishing the base is almost black sometimes very intense. which i believe Murano are prolific at. 
                                                                                             Steve

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 12:09:11 AM »
Hi Anne
          cheers for the link but i can not see those tiny pics' they seem to disappear for some reason. so we are saying Bayel then but not 100% or are we.? im confused as i have seen this as Murano some where in the past few weeks. and there is one on ebay but as not got the turn up, part. the number is 380012309339 if this will help any of us,

Ps found two more Flygsfors Coquille bowl 180229179578. by Paul kedelv. and  290217607568, also flygsfors?
                                                                                                                                                  Steve

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 12:59:22 AM »
We're saying we're not sure, but we think probably Bayel rather than Murano, and definitely not Flygsfors. :)

As to the Tinypics, yes, they get auto-removed by Tinypic at some time - some last for years others vanish in days - there's no consistency with them which is why the Mods are asking folks whose Tinypics have vanished to add them back as attachments on the board, otherwise we lose too much info.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »
Could also be by Magnor or a Hadeland second, Hadeland did make several shapes with this kind of colorway,
but so did many Scandi makers at the time.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »
Hi Alexander.
                  when you say at the time? what year are we taliking about here. he 50s 60s. took another pic today and its more purple than blue. when i have down loaded it i will put it up, cheers
                                                                         Steve

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
I'm thinking 1950-60ies.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Alexander good and thank you as the chap on the market stall said about 50s and with the bit of wear on the base it gives it a bit of age, this is very different to the one i posted about 3wks ago which was more oval and had no upturn. it is blue but looks purple in some lights?

here are the extra pics and the other one i posted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand