No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemia lead crystal vase (yr needed) = Jihlavske Sklarny Bohemia  (Read 7365 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Hi i bought this today with both label's still attached, this hand cut vase stands 7ins high i as wondering if any one knows the year it could have been made, and is there a name for the pattern.

On the label it says jihlavske sklarny i have added a photo of the label incase it is of use to anyone nice and heavy vase also well made cheers
                                                                                                                                                                                        Steve

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: Bohemia lead crystal vase (yr needed)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »
Steve,
Czechoslovakia became Czech republic in 1993, so its less than 15 years old
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Cheers Andy
                 Never took much to politics or history, but now i know it's from 1992 to present day, bought this with a Webb bowl which as the label too i will post the bowl in a jiff thanks again
                                                          Steve

Offline Ming

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »
Steve
I am surprised that you still buy every piece of glass you come across. You must run out of space soon. You must have self control and be selected. But on the other hand you may be rich enough to buy a house for your glass collection alone.

Ming
Never walk away from a bargain

Sklounion

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:43:35 AM »
Jihlavske Sklarny Bohemia were wound up by the court in Brno some time ago despite investment from the US. I believe the assets are now owned by Burson, but the town's web-site suggests the factory itself is no longer open.
The Dobronin plant was formerly part of Bohemia Podebrady.
Regards,
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand