No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Controlled bubble bookends, Murano?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
Controlled bubble bookends, Murano?
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:49:00 PM »
These are very heavy cobalt pears with controlled bubble.  They have a flat spot to put against the books.  I've had these a very long time and never knew who made them.  Would they be Murano?  Thanks.

Janice
Janice, Deco Queen
"The Fabulous World of Farberware" available at Amazon

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: Controlled bubble bookends, Murano?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
They could be, but I might lean more toward an American company. Are the stems broken off from the tops?
Shannon

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:40:39 PM »
Hi,
Yes, the stems are broken off.  There were never any stems as long as I've owned them.   Here's a picture of the top, the top isn't sharp so I never thought about them having stems.  Also, they are 5 1/2 inches tall.
I've shown them on an American board and right away they think foreign.   :spls:

Janice
Janice, Deco Queen

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »
Here's a pair listed as Pairpoint (which is American) but no labels, so I can't be sure. I was thinking more along the lines of Rainbow, Pilgrim, Gibson, St. Clair...They very well could be Italian though. I think it's a strong possibility. At least now you can see what they would have looked like with their stems!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Cobalt-PAIRPOINT-Glass-Control-Bubble-PEAR-BOOKENDS_W0QQitemZ170173986048QQcmdZViewItem
Shannon

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
That's the first time I've seen the blue pears that look that much like mine.  I'll do some more research on the American makers.  Thank you! 

By the way I check out your site, very nice.

Janice
Janice, Deco Queen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand