Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Huge lime yellow Vase with red handles (Chinese ?)

(1/7) > >>

Gilead:
Hello.
        Could someone please tell me what style of vase this is or is it a drinking vessel i purchased this along with 5 other pieces of glass today.

The vase stands 12ins high as red handles both the handles and the vase look like paint but are glass, how is this achieved ?, is this Chinese or is it Italian. the pontil is finished well and polished, is this glass modern?
                                                                                          Steve

Gilead:
Could this be from india, do they make glass vase's i have looked on ebay for this or something simular since i put this post up but nowt, but to be honest i can see why it's horrible, wonder if the rest were broke if any was made ;D
                                                                                                                      Steve

Frank:
Cannot really tell from the photos, but the handles were probably enamelled on the surface, this tends to give a 'painted' look. Whereas the body was cased with clear after the enamels were marvered in.

Gilead:
Hi Frank
           The handles do look painted until you get up close and realize that they are coloured glass, the yellow tends to get lighter in the sun and can been seen though, towards the top, less enamel i presume?
                                                                                            Steve

krsilber:
Enamel marvered in?  I thought enameling was a cold process (though fired after application).  Could be a frit, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version