Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Glass Books

Vintage Books - Why Buy Them?

<< < (6/6)

Paul S.:
or should that be 'a collector of Danish glass' ;)           Do we have any Danes here??   currently, I'm not so sure.

I think Ivo was waxing lyrical about this book, but said that translation not easy.         I think it came up as being useful when talking about examples of drinking glasses/tumblers in Europe -  apropos of the fact that quality English text books, showing evolution and shapes for C19 material, are thin on the ground.              I'd probably buy if it wasn't too expensive, but since you now have it David, we can all come to you for advice ;)
Perhaps we should send Angela a list of what to buy when next she visits ;)

Would agree that Newman is worth having.

If anyone wants to buy me vol. 2 of  'Mt. Washington & Pairpoint Glass' for my birthday -  it's in February ;) ;D

David E:
"Danish glass collector" is fine. I think the meaning is clear enough and I don't worry that much about grammar until Christine corrects it.

Have you tried looking through this little lot.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,59085.0.html

Paul S.:
if you think that the Danish book would be useful to me  -  re drinking glasses/tumblers etc. - do let me know some time David :)

thanks for the reminder of the book list  -  and p.s. I wasn't being too serious  -  just my liking for a little contentious humour ;D

Simba:
David I went back to Hay today but the Kosta Boda book had gone 😕 not many glass books on sale, really had to hunt around ....but at least I found some nice pieces of glass

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version