Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Whitefriars or is it Murano bowl

(1/2) > >>

Gilead:
Hi
   Could this be a Whitefriars piece or is it Murano to look like Whitefriars, there are the controlled encased bubbles the colour looks right the feel seems right but is it. i am confused with this one, the pontil show wear as to give it some age,50s  60s  stands 2.5ins at the back side a fraction more from front to back it measures 7ins and the wings 6ins the colour is a Bronze/light brown colour, this glass is made very well indeed.

If Whitefriars would it be Powel or if Murano Suggso maybe, any ideas please.
                                                                                                       Steve.

azelismia:
erickson glass also did controlled bubbles in this style.

Pinkspoons:
Definitely not Whitefriars.

The closest WF did was pattern 9564: http://www.whitefriarsorg.org/memb1/cat-64/p12.jpg

Gilead:
Hi Nic
        Put this on Whitefriars and they are suggesting Murano at first i thought Whitefriars because i bought it at the same times as this little red piece, below.

But now i know different, so i will take a look at azelismia, suggestion and look at erickson, thanks both for looking at the post and for your input, appreciated.
                 Steve

Gilead:
Found something simular to this Bowl on the net today, and it was advertised as being Murano Art glass bowl red orange bullicante bubble. so was wondering if the ashtray/bowl was of the same make, cant find anything about erickson?

As any one got any links for erickson please.
                                                          Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version