No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tri Cornered Purple bowl. Murano?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Tri Cornered Purple bowl. Murano?
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:32:37 PM »
Afternoon members.
                           I have this tri cornered bowl which is of purple in colour and as a swirl of a whiteish cloud in the base which is a polished pontil and as a little wear giving it some age, from each point to the other side is 6.5ins and stands 2ins high can any one ID this to be Murano or is it from another stable very nice piece to handle and sits very well. cheers
                                                                                                Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Tri Cornered Purple bowl. Murano?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »
Hi All
         Has anyone heard of Fostoria lead crystal Art Bowl i saw one on ebay and it looked just like this, except it was clear not Amethyst purple with a little cream at the base.

The ebay No is 350035256488, if any one would like to take a look.
                                                                                         Regards
                                                                                          Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:53:17 PM »
The tri-cornered shape is pretty generic Steve, it was made by quite a few makers in various places, so unless signed could well be hard to pin down.  I doubt yours would be Fostoria, but maybe one of our American members can confirm that.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »
Steve,
Not being funny, but looking for correct attributions on eBay, and I am not for one minute saying there aren't any, means you need to stop wasting time. Coming up with anything that merely "looks like my piece", raises your hopes, and is counter-productive.
Someone suggested you need to be more selective. I am inclined to agree. A strafing run of every and any piece of glass, is ineffective, sure they COULD all be bargains... but........  the $64,000 question, "Do YOU like it, and can YOU live with it, even if it is worth 10cents? Only you can answer.
Zen is good.......
Regards,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »
Marcus.
            I thank you for your very good opinion, and with most of the glass i have bought at the moment i can live with, right at this moment i am just wetting my whistle.

So all the glass i buy is a learning curve for me, come another 6 months or so i will endeavour to move in to the more upmarket glass, but at the moment if i make a mistake which i have done with 65% of the glass i have at the moment it is not a too expensive way of learning, and when i have wittled though the glass i am going to keep from my first journey though the glass world, the rest i will pass on to my daughter and granddaughter, to get them interested in collecting and selling.

They have already asked me for some of it to take to the car boot which is where most of it will end up. or if i get to much round me by then which with the way i am going it is more than possible i can always open a little shop for them to get started, keeps them happy  ;D

I am of cause not collecting the glass to make a living but as an hobby. and with all hobbys we find as we go further down the road we require the best, but as yet i still have not made my mind up as to what glass to collect but have a few in mind.

Whitefriar's / Iridesent-German Austrian Bohemian American Steuben Durand Fenton Northwood Etc. but i also like Czech glass, so i will no doubt get there in the near future. but can i take this chance to thank you and other members for helping and putting up with my learning curve, hope im not to much of a pest. ::)
                                                 cheers
                                                  Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand