No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Vase Signed (CB)  (Read 8052 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Re: Caithness Vase Signed (CB)
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
Cheers Andy
                  Looks like the engraving could have been done by Christine Beaton, as that is the only name i can find which would fit the intials CB and it may have been done by copperwheel.
                                                                        Steve

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »
I can confirm that Christine Beaton was a copperwheel engraver, just added her first weight design:
LINK

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 02:05:39 AM »
Hi Frank
            Cheers can i ask if you know from when she worked there, or doe's she still work there also do you have any idea when the vase could have been made or engraved, many thanks.
                                                            Steve.

As you may know i am back on line after our move, but still got lots to do to finish the place off not at least go though the boxes of Glass, sometime in the near future.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
Not yet, those two were 1976 so by then she had finished training but was probably engraving glass. If Helen (first engraved weight 1978) looks in we might get more data, else we have to wait until more glassware catalogues are available.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand