No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase with internal horizontal ribbing  (Read 1135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PAUL H

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 200
  • Gender: Male
Vase with internal horizontal ribbing
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »
Hi.. Can anyone help me with this vase. The vase is cylinder shaped with straight walls 200mm in height and measures 115mm across the top
it has internal horizontal ribbing and has a ground and polished pontil mark, is it Whitefriars or maybe scandi ?
I understand identifying this type of vase is very difficult but has anybody got any ideas. Thanks Paul

Classic 20th Century Design

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via

Offline vidrioguapo

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1179
    • England
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:26:05 PM »
Not Whitefriars I am afraid.  From the colour I would lean towards  Scandinavian.  Looks a nice vase. Emmi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand