No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: GTS Mystery Set 15 - 7 Piece Uranium Boudoir Set  (Read 16656 times)

Offline luv2collect.com

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco and Crystal
    • United Kingdom
Re: Uranium Glass Trinket Set ID needed
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
http://www.icollector.com/Green-Depression-Glass-Sowerby-Vanity-Tray-1236205_i6360051

Been marked down as Sowerby on here , I have noticed a few in the uk on ebay so a possibility ?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Uranium Glass Trinket Set ID needed
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
There is a vague possibility in that the colour is Ok, so it might have been a commission, but is NOT documented anywhere as Sowerby and unless anyone finds the order books...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline luv2collect.com

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco and Crystal
    • United Kingdom
Mystery Amber Trinket Dish
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »
Anybody shed any light on this one , not on glass trinket sets site as far as i can see.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160986773453&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT

thank you

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Mystery Amber Trinket Dish
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
It's a variant lidded pot for Anne's GTS mystery set 15, already discussed on GMB at
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,48434.msg276973.html#msg276973

Just for ease of reference, here are some more photos of amber and green uranium sets with this variant pot (and variant candlesticks for good measure) to compare with a pink set similar to that seen on the GTS site at
http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/cms15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165:mystery-set-15&catid=28:mysteries&Itemid=52

I notice that when this pattern, in all its variants, is listed on eBay it is increasingly attributed to Bagley despite there being no evidence for the attribution as far as I am aware.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Mystery Amber Trinket Dish
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »
I notice that when this pattern, in all its variants, is listed on eBay it is increasingly attributed to Bagley despite there being no evidence for the attribution as far as I am aware.

Particularly as that green is just the wrong shade

Offline vanmann

• Members
ID help please flower decorated trinket set
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »
Any ideas please on maker of this trinket set. Nice floral motifs on all pieces and tray.
Thanks for any suggestions John

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
Re: ID help please flower decorated trinket set
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »
Curiously I was just about to post a query about my trinket set and realised we had the same tray but different pots etc I have no idea about the ID of mine either. My pots have the same flower pattern on the trinket pots but I am not sure about the candlesticks the colour is right but the pattern is missing. Any ideas welcome. ;D

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »
One of the many unknowns I'm afraid

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
This set is Anne’s “Mystery Set 15”. See:
http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/cms15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165:mystery-set-15&catid=28:mysteries&Itemid=52

As you have seen, the set seems to come in at least two different variant types, all with the same pattern tray.

Angela, your branched candlesticks are, indeed, ‘correct’ for your variant set type, and I have several reference photos of similar sets as verification (currently in amber and green uranium glass, but this is the first time that I have seen your variant set type in blue glass).

I have reference photos for John’s variant set type in clear, pink, pale blue, amber, and green uranium glass.

A full set in both these variants comprises tray, pair of candlesticks, large lidded pot, pair of small lidded pots, and a ringholder.

I attach a photo of a set (possible a third variant type) in green uranium glass that has the ‘universal’ tray, lidded pots like Angela’s (with the 3-lobed ‘ spear’ or ‘leaf’ finial on the lids), but completely different ‘hybrid’ candlesticks. These candlesticks are simple stick designs with a single candleholder cup (as with John’s set), a swirled base design with added floral decoration (resembling Angela’s pot lids), but the stem has three equally-spaced, semicircular vertical ‘wings’ / ribs / lobes.

Incidentally, all the variant pattern types seem to have a ‘universal’ ringholder design.

I presume that the green uranium colourways date the pattern/patterns to pre-WW2, but I have still to come across any definitive attribution.

Fred.

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
Well, well, well fancy that !! Thanks Fred for clearing that up, I am very pleased that my set is complete. I am not surprised they ditched the  'leaf' finial pots as they are very tall and easily damaged. I like the uranium candlestick version they seem much more of a match to the set than mine. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand