No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Latticino ground millefiori canes weight  (Read 3579 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Latticino ground millefiori canes weight
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
For details of the Ysart Glass book, look no further than the GMB Glass Books forum, where there is this thread.

Used copies appear on eBay from time to time. There are currently a few copies available through Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. Look around in various bookseller sites.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tamefox

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
Not sure this is going to help...

- my CG 'Laticino' uses the same blue circle of canes as Ian's, but 26.

- the base of mine is fire polished only - probably a side effect of softening it enough to push the included CG cane into the base as the last operation before annealing

- Ian  -yours looks like it has a CG cane in the underside? - from the pix posted?

- the canes in Carol's look very different to Willie's design  -so was it an earlier PY one (of several) made at CG?

- alternatively - Millefiori Reflections - the other 1st WM design released in 1976 used a range of different canes - "depending on what was available" Willie told me.  - so perhaps Laticino did also..?

See, I told you it wouldn't help...

andy_n

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tamefox

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
p.s.

All CG Laticino (1976-1978) (not in '79 catalogue) should have the CG cane in the base, underneath.

I've just checked my notes, and forgot that Willie also said that the first 150 approx. of Millefiori Reflections and of Laticino were made in Wick by Willie, but then production was moved to Oban because Willie was too busy doing other things....

So, Oban didn't make canes, so did Wick send down a different range for Oban to use in the circle?

Anyone have an email address for Martin Campbell?  - he might remember...

Still not helping is it...     ~|:O))

andy_n

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand