No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Swan or Duck Bowl ? - ID = J.I Co. (Jordan's Importing) No. 9002  (Read 3556 times)

Offline DreamingGlass

• Members
Re: Swan or Duck Bowl ?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 03:43:13 AM »
Shannon is correct. This is Jordan's Importing No. 9002.

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: Swan or Duck Bowl ? - ID = J.I Co. (Jordan's Importing) No. 9002
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »
Cathy, is that you?
Shannon

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 12:51:22 AM »
Hi Anita
           No Never my hope is eternal, if you have'nt got hope what have we got  :), and i thank you for your input, along with DreamingGlass for the No 9002, also Shannon for nailing it, i really like this piece and the way it changes in different light, may i ask with the No 9002 can i any way find more from that, if so where from please,
                                                                  Steve

Offline shandiane78

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
There's no definitive guide to who has designed or made the glass which was imported by J.I. Co. Some of the items can be attributed, but most cannot at this time.

It's my belief that pieces like yours were designed by J.I. Co and produced in their own Murano factory. This is based on the fact that the bird bowls, and other similarly designed bowls don't strongly resemble the work of any of the notable Murano glass houses. We know that the owner, Jack Blanco, designed much of glass, and they did have their own furnace on the island.
Shannon

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 01:34:19 AM »
Shannon
             Very interesting and thank you for the info, i will have to wait for a few week's now as i am switching my PC off mid wk to pack it up for the move and Virgin have told me i have to wait two wks to get connected at the new place.

So until then stay safe and thanks again.
                                                       steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand