No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: The Secret Garden: Cameo Glass by Helen Millard  (Read 6206 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
The Secret Garden: Cameo Glass by Helen Millard
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
It is wonderful that such high art can still be achieved, all credit to Helen for having the courage and skill to do this and to those with the sense to buy these if they can. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This thread would be better placed in Glass

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
It's an ongoing exhibition Frank, so the notice needs to stay here. I can split from post 2 to Glass though if thought appropriate.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
Of course Anne, move it over after the exhibition. Good to keep the information for future visitors.

Offline lambden

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 09:41:54 PM »
Helen's work is truly fantastic each piece is a real work of art, I am lucky enough to own a couple of pieces and hopefully I will be able to purchase another piece from the exhibition, although I understand that her work is much sought after by serious glass collectors, perhaps I should camp outside to avoid the waiting list.

Offline simon bruntnell

• Members
  • Simon Bruntnell Freelance Photographer
    • United Kingdom
    • www.northlightphotography.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:36:09 AM »
Helen's work is quite sought  after now. She seems to have a following of collectors commissioning her now on a regular basis. There's not many people working in her field and to her standards, and each piece is different.
She's going to do my daughter a polar bear bowl  soon, so if you're reading this Helen (she's seven soon, no pressure ;D). 
Simon Bruntnell (photographer to the Poor & Infamous)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
Did any of you see Helens Puffin bowl  to me it was the most memorable piece at the Cambridge fair, and less than the price of a blown in the mould banjo or large drunken brick,and i believe Helen said it took about five weeks to make.In that time you could make thousands of bricks and banjos. PLEASE dont beat me up i love Whitefriars and have collected it for twenty five years,i do prefer their early pieces.JPH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand