No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta - Plates  (Read 3574 times)

Offline stevetheb

• Members
Kosta - Plates
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:09 PM »
I just bought a set of 4 of these plates and yet again despite hour son the net, I can't find one.  I guess , by the label design they must be pretty modern?

Can anyone give me  a possible date? and more usefully tel me what they'ed hunt for on Google, or elsewhere to find out more information?

Pretty please - thanks again.

Steve

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Kosta - Plates
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
The plates pre-date 1976 when Kosta and Boda merged. Can't really help more than that, as Swedish glass isn't really my forte. Sorry.

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
Hi Steve, I have a hunch that they are from  1972, Ann and Göran Wärff, " Party" series. But it's just a hunch :)

Offline bidda

• Members
    • The Glass Cache
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 06:04:23 AM »
after a40ty's response i had a peek on ebay. i don't know if it's helpful but i did find a (supoosed) kosta plate from the "party" collection. it has a crab instead of a fish but, if the dimensions fit maybe it's a step closer to confirming Warff attribution. btw, i think your plates are a lot nicer. fish are more attractive than crab and you have a matched set with Labels. far superior, imho. best of luck in finding more info.

bidda

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »
its from the Party series. And has been in production for a long time. Might still be availabe. Booth Lobster and Crab a long with the regular theme could be bought.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »
Party was real mix and match set with leaves being the most common design. I believe the lobster was part of the Party Marina set, which was attributed to Goran Warf alone. Party was by both of the Warffs.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »
wouldnt say a mix, rather for different occasions. And they still are available for purchase. I have been working for Kosta Boda in Sweden and party has always been a good seller. (and cheap to produce)

Göran Wärff is the designer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand