No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glavabel/Bell  (Read 5735 times)

Sklounion

Glavabel/Bell
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:21:45 PM »
Please could anyone point me to material on a industrial glass-maker, using the trade-names Glavabel and/or Bell brand products. They seem to have made everything, including headlamp glasses, lamp covers, and cast glass.

An internet search shows very little and no company info.

Thanks in advance,

Le Casson

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Glavabel/Bell
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:55:40 PM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Sklounion

Glavabel/Bell
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:05:58 PM »
Thanks for this Ivo.

Obviously a typo, when taking a phone message. Although there is info since 1961, and the merger of the two companies, Glaver and Univerbel, again, brick wall for info prior to 1961, for either of these.

I suspect it is once more, please does anyone have info on these companies prior to 1961????

TIA,

Marcus

Anonymous

Glavabel/Bell
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:18:52 PM »
A whopping huge conglomerate like Glaverbel must have a press department which is willing - even eager - to answer all your questions and queries. Glaverbel came out a series of mergers and takeovers of a few dozen individual glassworks. It would be unlikely that the current corporation would have maintained all the archives, but at least they can tell you which ones they  currentyly operate (the list is on the website) and what is produced in which location.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Glavabel/Bell
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:09:21 PM »
Nothing in 1951 or 1930 glass makers or trade marks.

Bell was a trade name used in lighting, bulbs and shades I think. Which means I should have some material. Locations would help.

Most of my lighting material is hard to get to so I can do nothing straightaway. Give me a reminder after the conference.

Sklounion

Glavabel/Bell
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:21:14 PM »
Thanks guest,

Revised posting, with apology to guest for my brusque comments earlier, my own frustrations at navigating Glavarbel's web-site should not have warranted such a churlish response.

regards,

Le Casson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand