No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Faizi Crystal, Langkawi - orange vase with bits!  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
Faizi Crystal, Langkawi - orange vase with bits!
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:11:40 PM »
Hi there, I have finally got round to buying some  more glass - and I find an odd one ;)  Stickered and signed I have an orange vase/bowl  c. 12cm high and 15cm across with 6 ruffles - a bit like a handkerchief-type vase.  It is nearly opaque at the base and becomes more translucent towards the top.  It is cased in clear and has a pontil mark which has been "blunted" while hot.  There is a blue trail/stripe on the top rim and three more lower down, and many spots and splotches of colour (yellow, blue, white, orange and red) on the clear casing - I guess it was rolled in bits of coloured glass before being re-heated.

On the base it is signed Faizi Crystal Langkawi and there is a small clear plastic sticker on the punty mark Faizi Crystal Glass Blowing over a glass blower in front of a map of Langkawi, and below Langkawi.  Can't find anything about Faizi Crystal on google but did find that Langkawi is off the coast of Malaysia ::).  I'll try and get photos done tomorrow but has anyone heard of this company or even heard of glass blowing in that part of the world?  I would say that it is of good quality and modern.  Without the sig./sticker I would have put it down as modern Murano.

TIA

Tim
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand